Friday, February 3, 2012

What happened to Customer Service?

Seriously, whatever happened to good ol' customer service? You know, with a smile?

Speaking of smiles!!
I've just noticed a lot lately that customer service really seems to be lacking. I called the Driver's License Office yesterday-- and after being put on hold for almost 45 minutes, (or what seemed like FOREVER!) I get someone on the line who is rude to me from the very start. I wasn't even being a smart alec like we all know I can be. It would be awesome if the representative could at least tell me politely that yes, even though it was their mistake, I will need to pay out of my pocket to fix it. I didn't even receive an apology. Hmph. See if I ever renew my license with them again!... oh, wait... I don't have a choice. God Bless America.  
Speaking of America. It's an election year! Do your research! (end Public Service Announcement)

Just a little FYI... I am still going strong on counting calories, and I am actually feeling great! My clothes are fitting a little looser (I said a LITTLE!) and I really feel like I have more energy. We'll see what the scale says on Monday.


I'm getting really excited about our trip to Vegas! Looking forward to some time to just hang out with Aaron -- although I know we will both miss Landon (how could we not! He's just too cute!). We are planning to be very busy the whole time we are there -- we have a lot to cram into a short amount of time. We are for sure going to a Criss Angel show (fingers crossed that it is good!--hey, it came "free" with our trip package!) and are wanting to go to one of Emeril's restaurants to eat--and maybe if we have time, go to the pawn shop from the show Pawn Stars. Eeek! Landon will get to have some good bonding time with Nonna and Po while we are gone. And hopefully they will be kind enough to text me videos of my little bug while we are away.

Who needs an aquarium when you can just go to Wal-mart and look in the fish tanks?

Landon is getting so "grown up" it seems like. He feels so long (tall) when I carry him up the stairs when he is sleeping. I have to turn sideways to avoid his feet or his head hitting the door frame now. He is talking like crazy and I would guess he is right around 22 lbs or so. He LOVES to climb the stairs, but is smart enough to only do it when someone is behind him (just in case!). We don't even have the baby gate up. His favorite toys at the moment are all of his matchbox cars. --And anything having to do with Buzz Lightyear. He is still really liking obsessed with Jake Owen's song "Barefoot Bluejean Night" -- and asks for it by saying "Whoa-oh." Needless to say, both Aaron and I have downloaded it on our phones so we can have it ready to go quickly in an emergency (i.e. if he is getting loud in a restaurant). It never fails to calm him right down.


He is starting to say a lot of names now, will look at someone when you ask where they are. He acts a little shy about talking in front of people he isn't around all the time though. He will wait until they walk away or turn around and then he'll wave and say "bye-bye." Little stinker!

He also really likes to help by throwing things away... only sometimes, it isn't trash. I've had to dig a few socks out of the trash can as our washer and dryer are in the closet right next to where it sits! Bathtime is always a blast. Until it is time to get out. He loves to pour water out of cups and get squirted or splashed. He gets upset when it it time to get out though.

Someone needs a haircut!

I just can't believe how fast he is growing. I want to savor every moment! I wish I didn't work all day, cause I just know it would be so much more fun to stay home with him and play, and watch him learn and grow. Oh well... someday!!
 
My happy boy!

2 comments:

  1. He is such a joy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how big Landon is getting! I love his bath time mohawk :) Have a great time in Vegas. It is always so hard to leave your kid behind, no matter how excited you are about the trip.

    ReplyDelete