Monday, April 18, 2011

It's a Monday

It's not one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day kind of Mondays, but just a regular ol' Monday.

It's one of those days when I just wish I could have slept a couple more minutes (although, Aaron fed Landon this morning, so I did get a few more minutes than normal--Thanks babe!). One of those days where I have "nothing to wear," and "nothing good to eat." But I've decided to have a positive attitude about today. I am thankful I woke up this morning. I am thankful for the many clothes in my closet (or in the dirty clothes hamper :) hehe), and thankful for the food in my pantry and refrigerator. It is one of those days where I miss my sweet boy like crazy, and wish Aaron didn't have to work shift work. But instead of complaining, I will be thankful that we are both employed and can put food on our table and not "want" for much (Oh sure, everyone "wants" a vacation home on some grand beach somewhere -- or on a mountain somewhere... but I'm talking regular "wants" here). I will be thankful that Landon has ladies that love him at his daycare, and that 95% of the time, he is happily playing when I pick him up-- and even more happy that I am there to get him.

Speaking of Landon, he is growing so fast! Started giving him "Puffs" this weekend, and at first, I was kind of giving them to him in smaller pieces...but he prefers them whole. He is perfecting the art of his "pincher" grasp, and even gets the puffs in his mouth occasionally! I am so ready for him to crawl, but terrified at the same time. Once he is "mobile"--that's it! I gotta make sure there is nothing on the floor that I don't want him to get to, gotta get some baby gates for the stairs, and for the kitchen. eeek! He's close, but not too close. He has also recently become aware of the fact that crying is a good way to get Mommy and Daddy (and whomever else!) to pay attention to him. Once I figure out how to post videos, I'll have to post the one of him and his new face he does. It is impossible to catch in a photo.

I have made it my new goal to get at least one picture of him a day. Yep, I'm gonna be one of "those" mommies :). Here is one of him from a while ago, just b/c I don't have any recent ones uploaded:


By the way, our team for the Down Syndrome League of Victoria has started our first fundraiser! Lauren's Love Patrol is raising money through Pampered Chef. Here is the link if you would like to purchase something: http://www.pamperedchef.biz/cookmatula?page=host-search-results&showId=3100362
Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment